Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Senior Bowl Positional Detail: WR

I'll skip the RB's until after the Senior Bowl game, which is the best time to evaluate the RB's.

North Squad:
Brooks Foster; 6-00.5, 204: He's shown a burst for someone who had injury problems and missed his bowl game. According to NFL network he isn't 100% yet, but he's showing great heart and effort. I am eagerly awaiting his time.

Derrick Williams; 5-11.2, 197: He's always been one of my favorite type of players, as he plays with the type of energy that is contagious. He has great burst, but has struggled somewhat with his hands. I wouldn't sell him short, as his short area burst is top in this year's draft class. He's making plays in practice.

Brandon Gibson; 6-00.3, 204: I need to see more of him to get a better feel for him.

Juaquin Iglesias; 6-00.5, 204: I thought he'd be bigger, but he is what he is. He's a solid third round type who will be an extra receiver. He needs to develop to become more.

Ramses Barden; 6-06.0, 227: He has legitimate size, but that might be all he's got going for him. I need to see more, but he's not impressing so far.

Brian Robiskie; 6-02.7, 207: I think he's always been sold short, but he's a great route runner, and should take less time to develop. He's the type who could start in the NFL right away, not many WR's can do that. I think he's underrated, and should be a high second rounder.

South Squad:
Mo Massaquoi; 6-01.3, 210: He's had the case of the dropsies in practice, which is his rep. I think he's average, and is overrated. He's also a tad shorter than I thought he'd be.

Mike Thomas; 5-08.0, 187: Don't let his size fool you, he's a rat, and a tough receiver. He has a little bit of Steve Smith in him, but I don't know if he can handle the deep routes like Smith. Right now he's great underneath, and has very good hands. He's a receiver's receiver.

Quan Cosby; 5-08.6, 191: He's more of the possession type, and I don't see too much of an upside. He's got decent hands, and looks like a decent mid round pick. He's experienced, and is close to a finished product.

Patrick Turner; 6-05.1, 221: I don't believe he's in Mobile, or I'm completely missing him.

Mike Wallace; 6-00.1, 189: Unheralded receiver who was a key cog in college defense. He's got some quicks to him, and I believe he's running under the radar right now. Watch out for him. I need to see him run.

Kenny McKinley; 5-11.5, 182: Is struggling in his limited reps in Mobile. Had QB problems at SC, so it's tough to get a guage on him.

No comments: