Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Senior Bowl Practices, Days 1 and 2....

After seeing both rosters for the Senior Bowl, I am much more impressed with the North team than I am the South team. After watching Colt Brennan Tuesday, he is completely off my draft board. He can't make NFL throws. He should have tried to sneak under the radar, not let people see him workout, because the practice here exposed him. The position of interest to me here is at corner, where there is an abundance of talent on display. Charles Godfrey has been particularly impressive, he's a big (5'11"; 207) corner who plays a nice physical game. Leodis McKelvin is also impressive, as is Terrell Thomas of USC. I'm also starting to like Terry Porter a little more, but he's not a physical cover two type of corner. Other corners I'm keeping an eye on down there are Patrick Lee of Auburn, Chevis Jackson of LSU, and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie of Tennessee State. He's a very rough version of his cousin, but he's got his size and athleticism.

Linebackers are also showing well in Mobile, especially on the North side. Keith Rivers is a smooth big man, and Dan Connor is a typical Penn State LB. I like Jordon Dizon of Colorado, although he needs to add weight (6'0"; 220 lbs) since I think he'd play well inside. There are different types of LBer's, a little bit for everyone. Shawn Crable is a 3-4 type, and on the other spectrum, Xavier Adibi at 6'2", 219 is more of a weakside 4-3 LBer. Other top LB's include Ali Highsmith of LSU, Phillip Wheeler of GT, and Ben Moffitt of South Florida.

No comments: